Most free-standing refrigerators are either in plain white or have a metallic surface. Not everyone likes the neutral, simple style, sometimes it just has to be a little bit of optical pizzazz. However, refrigerator doors are not so easy to paint over, a colored film offers a better way to design. Bek Stick the fridge with a foil: That's how it works!
There are numerous special foils for gluing refrigerator doors on the Internet, they have standardized dimensions, but they can also be cut to size. The film is supplied on a backing paper, which makes the adjustment easier.
The cutting is done easily with the scissors - or, if it is to be quite exact, with the cutter knife along the cut-resistant ruler. For actual sticking we recommend a tool, such as a rubber scraper or a soft cloth.
To stick a particularly large foil, it is best to ask another person for help. This is how gluing the fridge door works:
Pull the carrier foil of the sticker slightly downwards at the upper edge
- attach the upper edge exactly parallel to the upper edge of the fridge fest rub it on the surface with a squeegee or cloth
- gradually remove the carrier foil
- with the cloth or squeegee Rub the sticker piece by piece
- push out all air bubbles downwards or to the sides
- then rub the next piece until the lower edge sticks
- Alternative: glue the wall sticker to the wallcovering
- Most wall tattoos are also suitable for gluing the refrigerator many different decors, colors and sayings to choose from. You may also be able to customize the fridge sides so that you get a consistent picture.
So your fridge becomes a small, individual piece of art that adorns your kitchen. If you want, you can also stick the kitchen cabinets in a uniform style, so that the entire room looks visually homogeneous.
Tips & TricksOne other way of designing a refrigerator is to apply large-area magnetic images to the surface. These can even be designed online in different print shops! You can also easily remove a magnet if you do not like it, unlike foil or lacquer.