To drill a hole in a mirror, you need a drill and a special attachment for glass. If you do not have a drill, it would be cheaper to hire a glazier to drill a hole in your mirror. If you do it yourself, you should pay a lot of attention.
Take care when drilling a mirror
- Drill it from the back so that the drill drills cleanly through the mirror foil first.
- When the drill has arrived on the other side, you should turn the mirror over and drill the rest from the other side so that the glass does not tear around the hole.
- Wet the mirror continuously with water.
- Use gloves and, best of all, safety goggles to protect yourself from broken glass.
- Place the mirror on a flat surface on which the mirror surface lies completely. Take off frame or the like.