A higher mattress makes it easier to get in and out of the bed and is therefore a relief especially for seniors or people with back problems. Find out here how to increase your bed or mattress.
Partially increase the mattress
If you have a runny nose, it feels comfortable when your head and chest are a little higher. But not all slats can be adjusted accordingly. But there are other ways to increase the headboard of the bed:
- Put one or more tightly rolled towels under the mattress. Make sure that the towels are resting at the head of the bed.
- Place files or thick books under the mattress at the headboard. If you are laying several books lengthwise, make sure they are the same height.
- Increase the entire bed of the head by placing old books, wooden blocks or other hard materials under the feet of the headboard. Make sure that both sides are the same height, so that the bed does not wobble and make sure that the aids can not slip. Use only books that are not valuable to you, because they will certainly be affected.
What to do if the bed or mattress is too low?
If you want to increase the overall height of your bed or mattress, you have two options:
- You can increase the bed frame by raising your feet with wooden blocks.
- You can increase the mattress by several centimeters by placing a mattress overlay on it.
Increase bed frame
If you want to increase your bed frame permanently, it is advisable to buy four blocks or strips of the same size (with bed frame without feet) at the hardware store and to fasten these under the feet or the strips of the bed frame. You can glue, nail or bolt them. It is important to ensure a secure fit.
With a mattress topper you can increase your mattress by a few centimeters. In addition, a mattress topper also offers top benefits:
- It protects the mattress from dirt and moisture
- You can slightly correct the degree of hardness of your mattress by, for example: Choose a mattress topper with a higher degree of hardness.