Use correct color
- Prepare base properly
- Proper procedure for plasterboards in bathroom
- Use correct color
Even if the bath is well ventilated, moisture may accumulate on the ceiling at times. This can lead to mold growth. Depending on the ground, the risk is sometimes even very high.
Special wet room colors can prevent mold growth. Latex paint is another option.
Structurally, however, it must be taken into account that latex paints create a completely diffusion-tight surface. This can be a problem in some cases. Richtig Prepare the substrate correctly
The pores of the substrate should close as well as possible. A multiple coat with a suitable depth reason is therefore necessary.
Correct procedure for plasterboards in the bathroom
The joints between the plasterboards and the wall connection joints should be sealed with silicone or with a spatula suitable for damp rooms. R The plasterboard ceiling must be free from dust and dirt if the floor is painted at least twice. For many colors, the application of a primer paint is additionally necessary before painting.
Painting the bathroom ceiling - this is how it works
Damp room color
Possible primer paint
- Masking tape and masking material (eg plastic sheeting)
- Paint roller with extension
- Paint bucket
- 1. Prepare base
- The ceiling must be clean, dry and strong. Fill out any unevenness, if necessary prepare the plasterboard accordingly (see above). Ab 2. Masking ab Mask the ceiling edges with a painter's tape or masking tape. To protect the floor, lay out plastic tarpaulins and fix with masking tape. Shower, sink and other facilities also with plastic cover and fix.
- 3. Painting the substrate.
Apply the substrate to the substrate several times and allow to dry.
4. Paint the wet room color
If necessary, use primer paint. Then paint the damp room paint. Always work away from the light source to avoid banding. Then immediately cross across. This creates a uniform look.
Tips & TricksOnly for use on ceilings, roller brushes with integrated pumping system are suitable. The immersion and stripping is eliminated and the paint application is much more uniform.