- Depending on the room size, there are various techniques that you can use to wallpaper the ceiling with a paper wallpaper. After wallpapering and pasting, stretch long wallpaper strips like an accordion without bending the wallpaper. But you can also wrap the wallpaper as on the wall paper on one side to two-thirds. Ultimately, you can work with a helper even without collapsing, if the helper holds up the wallpaper with a broom.
- Step-by-step instructions for wallpapering the ceiling
For non-woven wallpaper, wallpaper backing
- Papering table
- Upholstery scissors
- Cutter knife
- Wallpapering brush
- Long, soft broom
- Mold or bar as cutting aid
- Two easels and a plank to be inserted into the rungs
- Glue bucket
- Spirit level
- Chalk line
- 1. Preparatory work
- Not only for non-woven wallpapers, it may be necessary to primer or pre-glaze the ceiling first. It also depends on the absorbency of the blanket and the weight of the wallpaper. For non-woven wallpapers, you must first apply the wallpapering primer anyway.
- 2. Measuring the first web
You also do not start to wall the ceiling when wallpapering the ceiling. Rather, you work on the ceiling away from the light. To do this, you paper the wallpaper strips yourself with the light so that no shadows can be created at the joints.
To really wallpaper the first wallpaper web, you have to draw this line. To do this, use the spirit level to determine the perpendicular to the wall and transfer it to the ceiling at an angle. Das 3. Papering the first web
Measure the web length, add 2 to 5 cm for each end and cut the wallpaper accordingly. Since all tracks are the same length, you can also put a marker on the wallpapering table. Kle Paper and woodchip wallpapers are now glued on the wallpapering table and given time for soaking depending on the wallpaper. For non-woven wallpapers, paint the adhesive in layers on the ceiling. Tape Now, as already explained, you paper the first web to the ceiling using one of the three techniques. Because smoothing and blowing with the wallpaper brush is difficult on the ceiling, you can also use a broom (soft) with a long handle. Non-woven wallpapers simply roll in the adhesive bed on the ceiling, because it is glued dry. With foam roller and telescopic rod you can smooth the non-woven wallpaper. Das 4. The wallpapering of the ceiling from the second web
Each additional wallpaper web is glued on impact with the previously papered web. Make sure that patterns continue to run clean from one track to the next.
5. Cut the wallpaper on the ceiling to size
Now you can cut the wallpaper in the corners with the bar and the cutter knife to measure. As paper wallpapers stretch and contract, you should wait until they are dry. Non-woven wallpaper can be measured immediately.
Tips & TricksIf you also want to wallpaper the walls, start with wallpapering the ceiling first.
In order not to produce too much waste, you will find a repeat table in the packaging of the wallpaper that informs you how to optimally cut the respective pattern wallpaper. In addition, the soaking time for each wallpaper is specified here.