The roofing felt of type V60 is referred to in trade and under roofing as bitumen welding tracks. The V indicates the fiber insert material fleece, which consists of glass fleece. The sixty describes the weight per square meter of existing glass fleece.
Cold or hot workable
The standard product is V60 and the type designation S4, which indicates the thickness of the roofing felt of four millimeters. The roofing felt or bitumen welding membrane is dusted with talc, supplied or manufactured with additional reinforcing aluminum.
The V60 roofing felt can be joined together in two different ways. The classic is the welding with a gas burner, in which the overlapping surfaces are heated and the loosened surfaces glued together lying on each other.
While welding demands great technical and technical knowledge and skills, easier cold bonding is also possible. In this process, adhesive is spread between the roofing membranes and seals by dehydration.
- As a base for the double roof covering, the type V13 roofing board is normally used for the V60 roofing felt. Versch Welding the V60 roofing felt or bitumen welding line is cheaper than cold gluing, where the glue is expensive.
- By means of welding, slight mechanical damage can be resealed, so that even torn roofing felt is not lost.
- Sources of supply and prices wie Like all other DIY stores, hornbach.de offers roofing felt V60 in its standard assortment under the name elephant skin.
bausep.de produces high-quality polymer bituminous membranes, which exceed minimum building regulations.
- hoba-baustoffe.com lists its V60 roofing boards exclusively as bitumen welding tracks.
- Type V60 roofing boards cost from five euros per square meter, with additional stabilizing inserts, prices climb up to twelve euros.
- Tips & TricksVach paperboard V60 is very sensitive to heat, so you need to pay attention to the protection of the roll goods when buying and storing, especially in summer.