Location of the rooftop on the roof
The front end on the roof is called verge. This extends on one end of the roof from the outer point of the eaves overhang to the ridge and then on the other half of the roof back down to the outer point of the eaves overhang. Due to the different roof structures, not every roof has a verge. Typical roof forms with verge are the following.
- cripple whale roof
- barrel and arch roof
- pent roof dagegen In contrast, the hipped roof has no verge. The frontal, small roof surfaces are pulled in this roof shape to the eaves, which is why the verge is eliminated. Bedeutung The importance of the city gate
- On the one hand, the verge is a fixed factor in the calculation of the roof, so it is needed by structural engineers, architects and roofers. But it also represents the conclusion of the roof, on which meet several materials.
Gable (gable wall, facade) Ort The verge as a weak point of the roof construction
- This makes the verge a weak point in the roof construction, where moisture and moisture can penetrate. But even thermal stress can lead to a different expansion of the different materials and thus have leaks result.
- The covering of the verge is primarily protection
- Therefore the verge is also protected. This can be done on the one hand by a special Auflattung, which is often decorated. In traditional homes, however, today is the Ortgangdachstein or Ortgangstein common. These are special roof tiles or tiles, which are pulled down sideways, so as to protect the verge from the weather. Most locomotion stones reach 40 to 50 mm above the verge. Ort The verge and the EnEV
Under certain conditions, the Energy Saving Ordinance also requires an improvement of the facade insulation. As a rule, thermal insulation composite systems (ETICS) are used for this purpose. But they are several centimeters thick. Therefore, often must be extended during the installation of a ETICS of the verge, since the ETICS otherwise can not conclude properly. Verl Extending the verge
However, extending the verge is a difficult task, depending on the design of the roof truss. Up to three rafters are to be exposed and then perform a purlin extension by, for example, fade. However, this adds weight, which is why extending it from the verge is not always easy. In particular, in connection with the EnEV plays the creek with the homeowner thereby an important role.
Tips & TricksThe term "verge" is composed of the old German words "place" for top or completion and "gear" for activity, activity area. Properly translated, the verge refers to the end of the accessible roof area.
In the house journal we also offer information on other construction elements around the house roof. This includes articles to the gable.